Writer of the Year
Each year, Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers honors one of its published members as its Writer of the Year. To be eligible, an author must have published a novel within the previous calendar year of the award. And the author must be a current member in good standing for the entire calendar year of the award. The winner of the award is selected by RMFW’s membership. Selection is based on the following:
- An author’s participation in RMFW activities
- The quality of an author’s writing measured against others within the same genre
- Significant professional achievement
Colorado Gold Contest
This annual writing contest is your chance to get your novel into the hands of an acquiring agent or editor. Contests enter novels in various genres and entries are judged by a panel of judges.
The Jasmine Award for Volunteer Service
Named for long-time member Jasmine Cresswell, this service award is presented to an individual providing exemplary leadership and service to Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers over a period of at least three years.
2013 Pen Awards
- Chuck Greaves, Hush Money, St. Martin’s Minotaur
- Gwen Florio, Montana, The Permanent Press
- David Jessup, Mariano’s Crossing, Pronghorn Press.
- Kerry Schafer, Between, Ace Books
- Rebecca Taylor, Ascendant, Crescent Moon Press
- Heather Webb, Becoming Josephine, Plume
2012 Winners: Susan Spann, Linda Joffe Hull, Liesa Malik
Awards from Other Organizations
Rocky Mountain Fiction Writers is home to a number of commercially published authors who have been recognized for their achievements through awards by other organizations.